Latest Video

Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Dude, you'll have to wait until after SEMA"

Okay, so now that you are focused I'm going to go ahead and just put this out there. Before I go off an my rant I'll just say that this year will be my first chance to actually attend SEMA, as previous years I missed all the fun for various reasons, couldn't shut down the shop, had too many orders to fill (at the shop), whatever... the point is I could never go. This year I'm planning to pop in, and pop out in one day, I know I won't see everything... but whatever, at least I can day I've gone, HA!

Anyway, let's get to the point. I have no negative feelings about SEMA, so don't trip. However, why is it that it seems like everybody in the industry stops working 2 weeks prior to the event? "Dude, you'll have to wait until after SEMA", is what I've heard from numerous folks. I have no questions for those that are preparing a booth, or taking a car, however for the people that are literally just going to hang out, socialize, party and look at all the pretty new parts, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU BE SWAMPED, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHOW UP?! I have had many of conversations with a man I call "The Chief" (can't use his real name) who clued me in to the notion that if you aren't SWAMPED prior to SEMA you must not be important and if you are important it is key to post all over facebook, twitter, forums etc about how SWAMPED YOU ARE, which solidifies your cool guy status! If you are so swamped why do you have time to post about how swamped you are, in that time you could have put my order through, did what I asked you to do, or answered the question I hit you up about... I'm just say'n!

I'll be there, with my camera burning tapes and I didn't have to stop all projects to gather tapes and charge batteries... Keep the party going.


No comments:

Post a Comment