Latest Video

Saturday, February 21, 2015

#Japan2015- Part 1

Liz here, and I'm back! Back from where you ask? Japan! Yes, that's right Japan. This past January I was able to travel to Japan with the entire DSPORT Magazine crew. Traveling to Japan is something I dreamt about as a kid. I have always been fascinated with Japanese subcultures such as the Harajuku fashion, anime, video games and cars! This past year I sacrificed a lot in order to make this trip happen. My car was placed on hold which also meant no driving. The trip itself cost a pretty penny but I also did not want to come home empty handed without any rare goodies for my cars! It all paid off and I definitely do not regret postponing my seat time and car. The trip consisted of visiting several popular shops and companies as well as attending Tokyo Auto Salon (TAS). As you can imagine I have so much to share! So many pictures, experiences and thoughts I want to share but can't cram it all into one entry. First and foremost I want to thank the entire DSPORT staff for being so down to earth and friendly! I was extremely nervous considering the trip was about 12 hours long! After talking with the staff my nerves felt at ease. As a car enthusiast you know DSPORT magazine, a very reputable and knowledgable company so it was a bit intimidating talking to them at first. Something that I noticed during several instances on this trip is that as car enthusiast we all have a common language...cars. Once we begin to talk cars everything just clicks. I'll touch base on that later.. Anyhow, below are a few pictures from the flight itself to our view from our hotel.

As you can tell prior to take off I was extremely nervous.
Excuse the crummy picture but I didn't have the window seat so I had to try and capture the amazing sunset while not disturbing my neighbor. This picture doesn't to it justice, it was beautiful!
The little lights at the bottom portion are from the train station. Side note, train stations are awesome! I don't know why we don't have more of them here in Cali.

As I mentioned earlier I will be splitting the trip into a few entries. I haven't even scratched the surface so stay tuned! I'll leave you with a couple of teasers...enjoy !

Nissan Heritage Collection (ZAMA) also known as The Nissan DNA Garage.
Can you guess what facility we visited?

Top Fuels booth at Tokyo Auto Salon. Top Fuels S2000 one of the many favorite cars at TAS.

Remember to share the blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment